A key to our commitment to promoting safe environments in our parishes, Catholic schools and communities is for all persons in positions of trust in regard to minors and vulnerable adults to fulfill the Enhanced Essential 3 requirements (EE3). The EE3 relates to 1) the Code of Conduct, 2) safe environment training and 3) background checks, with re-credentialing required every three years. Your involvement at your parish or Catholic school as an employee or volunteer who interacts with children, youth or vulnerable adults warrants compliance with the Archdiocese’s Safe Environment requirements. Click here for a troubleshooting guide.
- Volunteer Application: All first time volunteers must complete this application. Print, complete the form and return it to the parish office.
- Code of Conduct: A person must acknowledge that he or she understands and agrees to the principles and standards outlined in the code of conduct appropriate to his or her employment or ministry.
- Submitting to a background check. This must be completed prior to beginning employment or volunteer duties. All employees and volunteers submitting to an initial background check must complete a paper copy of the 123b form (click here to print) and return to the parish office. They are also available in the parish office. The background check is run by an archdiocese-approved agency and provides a criminal history. This is an important step to screen out individuals who might present a danger to children and youth.
- Safe Environment Training – VIRTUS Online Protecting God’s Children 3.0 and Saint Paul-Minneapolis Reporting Suspected Child Abuse is a 75-minute online awareness training that provides information on the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Specific training is included on how to report suspected abuse in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
- You are not allowed to start volunteering until you get the all-clear from the Volunteer Coordinator. If you want to know your status or have questions Jean, EMAIL.